The Kabalarian Philosophy and the Society of Kabalarians of Canada have been providing Balanced Name Recommendations, Name Reports, and other services to the public for over 80 years. We are a provincially registered non-profit society. Our policy is that all the information you provide us is kept strictly private and confidential and is used only in preparing your Name Report. We guard your privacy like it was our own! Under no circumstances is your information given, sold, or shared with others.
Our Privacy Commitment
- What personal information may be collected from you
- How is the personal information used
- With whom may the information be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and disclosure of the information
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control
- How can you correct any inaccuracies in the information
- How long do we keep your personal information
Principle 1 - Accountability
Society is responsible for maintaining and protecting customer personal information under its control. Society has formed a Privacy Team comprised of associates who are accountable for Society's compliance with our Ten Privacy Principles.
Principle 2 - Identifying purposes
The purpose for collecting personal information from people will be identified before the information is collected.
Principle 3 - Consent
We shall require the customer's knowledge and consent for the collection, use, or disclosure of their personal information, except where required or permitted by law.
Principle 4 - Limiting Collection
Any personal information we collect from our customer, by fair and lawful means, will be limited to only those details necessary for the identified purpose. We will not collect more information than we need to fulfill the purpose identified to our customer.
Principle 5 - Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
Our customer's personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the customer's consent or as required by law. We will keep customer's personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose identified to our customer.
Principle 6 - Accuracy
We will keep our customer's personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
Principle 7 - Safeguards
Customer's personal information shall be protected with security measures that are appropriate for the sensitivity level of the information.
Principle 8 - Openness
We will provide and make readily available to customers information on our policies, procedures and practices relating to how the customer's personal information is managed.
Principle 9 - Customer Access
Upon request, a customer will be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her personal information and will be given access to that information. A customer may verify the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
Principle 10 - Compliance
A customer may forward any questions or enquiries about compliance with these privacy principles to our Privacy Team Coordinator.
We protect the personal information you share with us. For example, if you make an online purchase with us, we encrypt your credit card number. Access to your personal information is limited to people who need it to do their job in our office.
The Kabalarian Philosophy will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still access most of our web site. Some areas will not allow you to complete certain activities if cookies are disabled. For example, our consumer e-commerce site uses session cookies and persistent cookies to process transactions. If you do not accept cookies, the associated shopping cart will not work and you would not be able to order.
Current versions of Web browsers offer enhanced user controls regarding the placement and duration of both first and third party cookies. Search for "Cookies" under your Web browser's Help menu for more information on cookie management features available to you.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental approval. If we learn that we have personal information on a child under the age of 13 without parental approval, we will delete that information from our systems. The Kabalarian Philosophy encourages parents to go online with their children. Here are a few tips to help make a child's online experience safer:
- Teach children never to give personal information, unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult, including name, address, phone, school, etc.
- Know the sites your children are visiting and which sites are appropriate.
- Look for Web site privacy policies. Know how your child's information is treated.
Shipping companies (Fed Ex, UPS) may also need access to some of your personal information. For example, if we need to ship something to you, we must share your name and address with a shipping company. We provide these companies with the minimum amount of information needed to complete the requested service or transaction. We do not otherwise share your personal information with third-parties, unless you have granted us permission to do so.
We may collect and possibly share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Kabalarian Philosophy's terms and conditions, or as otherwise required by law. We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process. We also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Accessing and Updating Information
We need your help in making sure your personal information is correct in our systems. Please notify us of changes to your name, address, title, phone number or e-mail address.
Each email newsletter has instructions on how to unsubscribe.
Types and Uses of Personal Information
Your personal information is used in the following ways:
- User IDs and Passwords — Provide you with access to your profile areas and to protected content. Account Information — Tells us more about who you are, how to contact you, and your shipping and billing information. Also contains any preferences you have provided, such as language, e-mail format and interests.
- Customer Feedback and Support — Provides a mechanism for requesting information from the Kabalarian Philosophy, and a way that you can improve our products, services and site designs.
- E-mail Correspondence — Used to raise and respond to issues and inquiries of all types. Also used to distribute information about the Kabalarian Philosophy, our products, and services.
- Transactions — Show which products and services you have requested.
We will only use your personal information in the ways specified when it was collected. We will not subsequently change the way in which we use your personal information, unless you consent to the new usage.
All updates to this policy will be posted here. Last update: March 2, 2016.
Need Help with an Update, Access or Unsubscribe Request?
Contact the Kabalarian Philosophy. To aid in processing your request, please include the following details:
- Contact information (your name, address, email address, etc.)
- Details of the request (e.g. change of e-mail address, unsubscribe from a newsletter, review of personal information, etc.)
Note: This policy also covers the personal information you provide to the Kabalarian Philosophy Customer Support.
Have Additional Questions or Comments?
Q: What should I do if I have a privacy question after reading the policy and FAQs?
A: As always, you can send your privacy questions and comments to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use these items as input to future FAQs. Please send technical support questions to the technical support department.
Q: Does this policy also cover personal information collected offline?
A: Yes. We strive to have consistent privacy practices for your personal information, regardless of the medium used to collect the information.
Thought for the Day